Cohesity has announced it has been named a Customers’ Choice in the 2022 Gartner Peer Insights “Voice of the Customer”: Distributed File Systems and Object Storage report. This is the second consecutive year Cohesity received the recognition as a Customers’ Choice for the Distributed File Systems and Object Storage market category, and as a Customers’ Choice for North America. Cohesity also was recognised as a Strong Performer in the Midsize Enterprise market in the report.
The Gartner Peer Insights ratings are based on direct customer feedback. In the most recent report, Cohesity received an overall rating (4.7 of 5.0), with 56 reviews in an 18-month review cycle ending on Jan. 31, 2022. Gartner defines distributed file systems and object storage as “software and hardware solutions that are based on ‘shared-nothing architecture’ and that support object and/or scale-out file technology to address requirements for unstructured data growth.”
“Being recognised by our customers as Customers’ Choice for the second year in a row, in our opinion, illustrates the unique capabilities Cohesity SmartFiles offers to customers in terms of scalability, security, space efficiency, reduced cost and complexity, and deriving value from data,” said Lynn Lucas, chief marketing officer, Cohesity. “We believe this recognition continues to validate Cohesity’s next-gen approach to data management, where customers benefit from a variety of data services including files and objects, backup and recovery, and data security on one platform, managed through one UI. It’s data management, radically simplified.”
Cohesity SmartFiles is an enterprise-class, software-defined, data-centric, multiprotocol file and object solution for the enterprise that transcends traditional offerings in terms of manageability, scale, security, efficiency, and multi-tiered data management. It is based on the Cohesity Helios multicloud data platform, which delivers a patented distributed architecture for scale-out storage in a pay-as-you-grow model without disruptive upgrades.
Cohesity SmartFiles modernises and simplifies data and application management by providing one platform for multiple workloads. It is a modern converged target designed for consolidating data silos and securely managing unstructured content and application data, including digital libraries, archives, rich media, video surveillance, big data, and backup data sets.
Sample customer reviews from the report include:
- “Cohesity SmartFiles and NAS have completely changed the way we manage data. With the introduction of an application platform that directly interacts with our storage volumes we are able to do things we could have never imagined.” — Network Engineer
- “What I like the most is that its smart policy-based administration and automation ensure that large amounts of our data are placed, governed, and protected efficiently. Our Data is always safeguarded and maintained using incorporated levels of security measures and data encryption routines, regardless of where it lives.” – Product Development Associate Director
- “The reliability and ease of use is great. Technical support is excellent, even utilising the sales team and sales engineer assist.” – Director of Information Technology
- “Our clients now have better access to their files now that we’ve moved from other file servers to this one and backing up these files is just as easy as recovering them whenever we need. It’s truly an invaluable addition to my business.” – Process Team Lead
- “This product has allowed us to consolidate multiple workloads whereby relieving the engineers time to manage the data and the related services to an organisation” – Sr Information Systems Engineer
- “Cohesity has been ridiculously easy to deploy and manage, and when we started implementing object storage as well as for our DFS, that continued to ring true. “ – Director of Information Systems
To read more customer reviews, please visit the Gartner Peer Insights page for Cohesity SmartFiles.